Sunday, May 10, 2009

Georgia or bust...

So if you did or didn't know, I'm stuck having to finish a school in eastern Georgia this entire summer. There isn't really any good skating for 120 miles and there isn't much to do down here. I miss my garage and being able to hang out in there and work on things. Anyway, enough bitching, I'm trying to make the best of it. I trailered my Harley down here and decided to go for a ride to Charleston, SC last weekend. 400 miles round trip, pissed on by rain 3 times, and a nasty sunburn...I wouldn't have had it any other way. Here's some photos...

On the way down, I took the back roads and passed through a small hick town called Harleyville. I passed by this cycle shop and decided to stop and check it out. Not really anything cool, but I decided to take a couple pictures for the hell of it.

I wasn't really a fan of this custom Triumph, but it was a '67 T120, so I took some pics.


Didn't really like this bike either (I am a fan of Shovelheads though), but its a '84 Shovelhead, the last year they made them. I think the motor is out of a Night Train. Uuuughhh...tassels.



Next stop, Sweatmans BBQ. It was in the middle of nowhere, which is right outside of Holy Hill, SC in my opinion. Anthony Bourdain went there on his show. I was expecting better, but it was still alright. Dennis' in Augusta (Hephzibah) is better in my opinion. Me looking like a dipshit as usual.


When I got to Charleston, I had no plan. I just wanted to go check out the beach, but I didn't even know how to get to that. I noticed this huge bridge and decided to just ride across it and check it out on the other side. As I was riding I noticed this air craft carrier down in the river. Pretty cool. Turns out it is a floating museum and was a boat that served in WWII. The boat was the USS Yorktown.


Decided to get some more food when I was done and went to this restaurant right on Charleston Bay in a town on an island called Mt. Pleasant. The food sucked, but the view was cool with all of the shrimp boats parked along the little river that ran out to the bay.


After that, I just hit the Interstate and rode back to Augusta. My skin is still peeling...

Oh, here's the view outside the window of my room on the 5th floor on Fort Gordon. You can see Eisenhower Army Medical Center in the distance.

1 comment:

tom said...

awesome! Looks like it was a fun ride. At least your taking advantage of the warmness and the topography.