Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Widowmaker

So talking with Tom often about the Kawasaki H2 Mach IV "Widowmaker", I've become obsessed with it (yes a jap bike for once). 750cc, 3 cylinder, two stroke, only made from 1972-76 I think. My fiance's Dad has a couple motors sitting in one of his garage's, and I think I'm going to offer to buy one from him when we go up to visit this June. May be a good DPR project bike. I'm not even sure where to pick up a frame for it or if we could weld tabs to a frame to mount it up in...uuugh seems like a bad idea to put another iron in the fire at this moment, what the hell, we'll do it on a budget.

The H2 motor in all its glory (stolen from somewheres on the interweb)...

4 comments:

Ben said...

What a beautiful, simple motor. Try for all of them. Spares will be needed anyways...

tom said...

simple except for the goofy reed valves that I hear about. beautiful, hell yes. agreed on trying to get all of them, its good to actualy have TWO race bikes in the pits.

Ben said...

Also, I have read that these motors are easily cut apart and welded back together in multi cylinder configurations (5 cyl, v-6, etc.)

Wouldn't that be fun? Probably not as fun as having two running bikes...

Dave-O said...

Shit! I'll be happy to get one engine!