Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Decisions

The insurance co totaled the VFR but I get to keep it because it's over 7 years old. The plastics are pretty scratched up and broken in several places. Also a bent footbrake lever and clutch lever.

So now you get to weigh in on what I should do:

1) Fighter it or otherwise chop it
1.5) Take off the fairings and make it a naked
2) Buy new plastics with the insurance $ and bring it back to stock
3) Leave it just how it is (patina)
4) Something completely different...

4 comments:

Dan Yoder said...

well you do want to build an outrigger canoe so why not a VFR with outriggers...i suppose it should float though, hmmm...

tom said...

Not sure about yours as it is newer, but my two VFR's had absolute rats nest's of wires under the headlight cowel. I wanted a naked/fighter type bike and the wires drove me nuts, that and enough plumbing with coolant hoses to circle the block. But your handy, and patient, two key traits I severely lack in mc customising. That's the official longest non answer of the day...

aaron said...

My two pesos...
Fighter it, sure. "Otherwise chop"... Definitely Not.

"Buy new plastics"... you lost me at "buy new".

Leave it... sure! Easy.

#4... Yes if you approach it like a doctor: first do no harm.

Dave-O said...

I'm into the fighter route as well. Or bosozoku it! So rad...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eK9S-ZcB2Mc/SFk7z-e57CI/AAAAAAAAAjM/jlYcfB9sxB4/s1600-h/bosozuku.jpg