Monday, March 5, 2012

Paradise- March 2012 Part:1

Fire road 2172-acess to Adams hunting camp (Paradise) stuck in the middle of the Nicolet National Forest



Yummy


View off the back deck.


Two sleds stuck...not the first time all weekend either

This was the result of the above

Tree vs Ski-Doo long track...Ski Doo won and only because it was in my way I didnt want to get fucking buried...again

Stuck, stuck and more stuck


There I was, working diligently (finally) until Mr Bruckner kept bothering me with snow reports from the north, finally after much persistence by Adam I caved and headed to what would be the deepest snow I have ever ridden in Wisconsin. Day 1 was rough and full of digging 400lb sled out of wet heavy snow...Day 2 however was fucking phenomenal due to the low temps which brought the pow back to the powder. Vid footage coming as soon as I have time 

7 comments:

tom said...

I LOVE cookies! Looks like a blast in the snow as well!

WhitelinePsycho said...

Jeez I'm glad that snow is just an occasional vacation thing for me, mind you, looks like fun. Being in a climate where all you need to worry about is rain is great for loggin miles on a scoot.

tom said...

wait a minute, I took a closer look at those cookies, well, they kinda look green. Not sure if the picture is out of focus or what, but green cookies?

st pats day is still two weeks off...

Ben said...

Guns, dope and sleds...and you didn't invite your DPR brothers. For shame.

Dan Yoder said...

Being that the D-Pizzles are all hard working blue collared boys I didnt think that 2hrs notice would be enough....however, I could see a summer trip there as Im sure Adam would be down. Its a real slice of Wisconsin Paradise for sure!

Dan Yoder said...

WP, For me the snow is a welcome change...at least when theres enough to beat my sled with. Plus southern wisconsin has enjoyed one of the mildest winters Ive seen so we got the best of both worlds. riding two wheels in the south and riding two skis in the north!

WhitelinePsycho said...

Dan, being a keen student of geography and history, it's a part of the States I'd love to spend time in, relatively untouched by the ways of the 'Big Smoke' [psychologically and physically], either way, it looks like you got all angles covered man, enjoy it mate.