Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ground Score...1971 Suzuki TS250 2 Smoker

Whilst driving from the wood recycler I happened upon this laying in a pile with other stuff that looked destined for the scrap yard. I whipped the truck around and rung the doorbell. Further explanation by the "wife" describes the age old story of good intentions from the husband to get this running. It was found by him and he diagnosed that it was easily fixable. Being a married man myself I knew I had a good chance to take this home when she answered the door..."get that thing outta my yard". So I gladly obliged.

 Throttle twists and returns smoothly, wheels roll freely, mint metzler rear knobby, straight frame and front end and brakes work like a charm. A quick peep inside the oil filler reveals nothing but good clean metal.  Kicker doesnt want to move so we'll see whats going on there but I have my fingers crossed.




3 comments:

Ben said...

Nice find, that's slated for the 2023 winter project then?

Dan Yoder said...

No timelines, no expectations just a neat bike for free. Just want to make run, won't be touching anything else...call it a free dpr community beater bike.

tom said...

tis a beauty!