Friday, January 2, 2009

jersey slide


So if there is anyone actually watching these dumb little videos I'd like to explain just a few things. It looks like the little guy is gray and nekkid, and thats true, to a point. You see, in animation today, you build a sort of skeletal system, or the "bones system" and thats what you see. Then you model a "mesh" skin and put that over said bones. The animator actually animates the bones then the mesh is added after the fact (sometimes)

my focus as of late has been the actual animation part, as compared to the modeling...

Also, you learn quickly that doing a bunch of short animations (say five to ten seconds) is actually way more beneficial than one long one. Most people loose interest after a few seconds (me includ......)

1 comment:

Kyle Martin said...

Sweet animation! I swear I had that board in 1988. I love the jersey barrier and the fact that it looks like he's skating somewhere on the east coast. Keep pushin these, that was cool!