Monday, February 2, 2009

Clean...so clean...

And if you didn't knowwwwww, now you knowwwww, sucka...



I got the engine cases back and kind of just threw a quick mock up on the engine stand. I am going to polish the aluminum primary, gearbox, and tranny covers. As you can tell from the photos, I still have one chrome plated rocker box from a '71. Still looking for a non-chromed (or if it is, not a big deal) all fins in there place, 1963-70, Unit 650, carb side rocker box (anyone? anyone?). I've made some offers to people over the web, no bites yet. I still have other options and a long way to go, so no big hurry. Yes, I know, I have the exhaust side rocker box on the carb side in the picture, whatever. Bailey Motorsports did a great job on them though and did more than I asked at way below the normal cost of the work done. I really appreciate it John! I picked up some new Allen screws for the side covers, rocker box inspection caps (raw aluminum polished), and Morgo tappet blocks for the cylinders since I broke one of them (I'm such an amateur). Looking for someone to do some de-chroming on some of the stuff I have. I had John try to sandblast it off, but it was too thick in places. I've read how to do it and would honestly attempt it myself, but don't want to deal with the chemical mess afterwords. I'll leave it to the pro's. Here's what I got...







When its all done, I'm going to test start it like the dude did with the hand built Enfield.

And yes, I still ride my skateboard and do other shit. I just feel like posting motorcycle shit lately. Leave me alone.

1 comment:

tom said...

that shits looking tight!