Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birmingham Alabama...Vulcan country!

So I had a completely stressful week last week, and was looking forward to visiting friends in Birmingham Alabama over my 4 day Memorial Day weekend. I took off Friday evening on my Harley and 310 miles, 2 thunderstorms, lots-o-drizzle, and a completely soaked Dave-O and motorcycle I made it. No pictures were taken enroute due to excessive rain. The first couple of days we just hung out, laughed, drank beer. On Monday, we took a trip over to Barber Motorsports and Museum. If you haven't been and are in the area and love motorcycles as much as I do, you must stop and check it out. The most insane collection of motorcycles I have personally ever seen. Lets see some pictures....

The entrance!



Ever seen a Crocker? Broke my Crocker cherry here...that just sounds gross. Unfortunately its sitting in this museum and probably hasn't been started in who knows how long, but still cool.


Holy Shit...a Britten V1000


Norvin...rad!


I liked this bike...the details are amazing...the picture doesn't do it justice. It was a Biker Build Off bike that was aired on The Discovery Channel. See if you can see how the oil tank is mounted...


A nice Ducati Desmoquattro...


They had bikes stacked up like matchbox cars!


A perfect Interceptor for Tommy.


And finally, a very cool video of the track from inside the museum. It started raining before I could get outside and get a track level view. The riders had stopped by then...


There were so many motorcycles, there was no way I could take pictures of all of them, but I tried to take pictures of the ones I liked. I am going to get the rest of them (all 86) uploaded to my Flickr account, so check back there in the next couple of days if you are interested. I had a great time hanging out with friends, but had to head back. I rode the 310 miles back today (Tuesday) and have never been so drenched with rain riding in my life. It was like someone was pouring buckets of water on top of me. The second half, right past Atlanta, the weather finally cleared up and I was able to dry out. Are you noticing a pattern here with my motorcycle trips in the south so far?

2 comments:

tom said...

heh, you said crocker cherry...:)

tom said...

you dont by chance have a pic of that norvin without your ugly mug in it do you? Thats a sick sickle indeed.